I keep running into this problem - everytime I install my machine (which is not very often) I have to setup remote debugging. th emain problem is that I forgot steps for setup.
I will try to put them here (client computer only - one with VS.NET)
1. At a command prompt, type dcomcnfg, and then press ENTER. Component Services opens.
2. In Component Services, expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then expand My Computer.
3. On the toolbar, click the Configure My Computer button. The My Computer dialog box appears.
4. In the My Computer dialog box, click the COM Security tab.
5. Under Access Permission, click Edit Limits. The Access Permission dialog box appears.
6. Under Group or user names, click ANONYMOUS LOGON.
7. Under Permissions for ANONYMOUS LOGON, select the Remote Access check box, and then click OK.
Note: I do this in PC behind firewall so WinXP SP2 firewall is stopped.If you need to run debugging with firewall see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833977/